"oh what a tangled interweb we weave..."


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nemesi


I think that everyone, artists or not, has someone that they are jealous of: someone whose career has gone better, who has gotten more of this or that, who just has better hair. I can be a real seventh grader sometimes about my nemesi, but I TRY and keep it to myself as to not totally embarrass myself and reveal how competitive I can be.

But: I kind of also nurture this competitive spirit, as isn't it what keeps us motivated? I mean, at first, it makes us do a bit of sulking and the evil masochistic googling that Collette mentioned....but then, doesn't it light a fire under our asses? I hope that it does. And as a long as we are not stalking anyone, or lighting anyone on fire, I'd say that having a proper nemesis is completely healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment