"oh what a tangled interweb we weave..."


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Introduce Yourself, Josh Koenigsberg


Theatre or theater?

Theater, just so no one calls me pretentious.

Strangest theater-related job?

One summer while I was in college, I worked as an ASM/PA/Errand Boy at a theater company called Penguin Rep in Rockland County, NY. During one performance, an elderly woman lost control of her bowels and defecated all over the theater floor in a futile attempt to get to the bathroom in time. Guess who had to clean it up?

What experience made you want to become a writer?

When I was a kid, I went to see a sneak preview of Hot Shots!: Part Deux. The next day in school, a bunch of classmates asked me to tell them what happened in it. I started to recite the entire movie during recess, but had to stop mid-way through since recess was only a half-hour. From recess until the end of the day, they kept bugging me to hear the end. I like to think it was because I was such a good storyteller, but actually it's because Hot Shots!: Part Deux was so good. Anyway, that's when I knew I wanted to be a writer. 

Very first role on stage?

John The Butler in my 6th grade production of "The Man Who Came To Dinner" by George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart. We were a progressive Greenwich Village school.  
    
Tragic flaw? 

Mexican food.

If you were a 1980s television show sidekick, who would you be?

A less muscular, more neurotic version of A.C. Slater. We have the same hair, dress in similar clothes and dance the same exact way.

No comments:

Post a Comment