"oh what a tangled interweb we weave..."


Saturday, April 17, 2010

Introduce Yourself, Colette Robert


Theatre or theater?

R-E.  I embrace my pretentiousness.

Strangest theatre-related job?

I was the wardrobe supervisor/backstage person for a show with rip-away underwear.  And juggling.  And an absurd amount of fresh produce. That’s all I’m going to say.

What experience made you want to become a director?

I directed Three Tall Women for my senior project in college.  And I had a fantastic time, beginning to end.  That show made me grow as a person and artist.  The morning after the final performance, I woke up early and tried to catch up on all the reading I’d neglected during tech week.  After about 15 minutes, I remember thinking, “What am I doing?  What do I care about racial tension in England?*  I should be directing another play!”  That’s when I knew I was in it for the long haul.

*Please note: I actually do really care about racial tension in England.  Peace and love.

Very first role on stage?

In first grade, I was in a play about a community of mice and the big, mean cat that constantly tried to chase and eat them.  My character, Small Mouse, found a bell to put around the cat’s neck, so we’d know when he was around and could hide. 

Tragic flaw? 

I’m a director. I’m perfect.  And I’m always right. 

If you were a 1980s television show sidekick, who would you be?

Jodie from “Today’s Special.”  Anyone else remember that show? It took place in a department store after-hours.  The mall + magic spells + singing Canadians = Amazing television!

No comments:

Post a Comment