"oh what a tangled interweb we weave..."


Monday, April 19, 2010

my mom is in town.

my mom is in town.

i know that a lot of people dread their parents' visits--mostly because of the massive amounts of energy it takes to shuttle those unaccustomed to new york's quick as a flash rhythm around the city. but my mother... my mother glories in the "big apples'" craziness.

and the best part? she doesn't need me to chaperone. her motto is: have map, will explore!

it's such a relief to know that i don't have to be present every waking moment for my mom to have a good time in the city--or for her to even SEE the city. she's not even staying with me! she's staying with a FRIEND! and she's visiting, yes of course to see me, but MOSTLY to catch the beginning of the tribeca film festival!

so... i love it when my mom visits because... well... my life doesn't really change... it's just... ENHANCED.

p.s. if you're in new york and you're my friend (or even if you're not) and you haven't met my mom--you should. she's real good people.




No comments:

Post a Comment