"oh what a tangled interweb we weave..."


Saturday, February 27, 2010

Winter Wonderland Walk


I went on a walk through Central Park yesterday.  Here are some of the photos that I took:




Having grown up in Los Angeles, snow still makes me a little giddy. And I’ve never been one to pass up an opportunity to frolic in Central Park—it’s one of my top five favorite places in New York. (In case you were wondering, the other four are: East 9th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues, the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, Governors Island, and my apartment.)

New York has definitely brought out the walker/adventurer in me. A few years ago, I trekked from 110th Street and Riverside Drive all the way down to 12th Street and the Hudson River, and then walked across Manhattan to my then apartment in the East Village. It wasn’t my intention to walk that far; once I started, like Forrest Gump, I just kept going…

I’ve found that long walks almost always inspire me creatively. Whether it’s finding my way into a play I’m directing or getting an idea for a new photo project or deciding what to cook for dinner, for me, inspiration comes when I turn off my cell phone and ipod, acknowledge the beauty of my surroundings, and put one foot in front of the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment