"oh what a tangled interweb we weave..."


Friday, February 5, 2010

The Magic Word is TEN

I found this online – “10 Steps on How to Become an Actor”

Step 1: Learn How to Act

HAHAHAHA!!!

When I read this I nearly fell off my chair!! I just had to share this with all of you because it is too funny!! You read the title of the article and you imagine that good old Mr. Web is going to give us some wise list, and then that first step pops up and…I was not expecting that at all!!

How to become an actor is to learn how to act!!!!!

After that first step I have to say I didn’t really want to read the rest, but it got better.

Step 2: Location, Location, Location (move to where it’s at)

Step 3: Be Willing to do What it Takes

Step 4: Commit Yourself

Step 5: Be Nice

Step 6: Focus On The Craft – Not the Agent

Step 7: Take Some Improv

Step 8: Know Your Range, Then Break Through It

Step 9: Be Persistent

Step 10: Have Patience

The rest of the steps were not as bad as that first one – some truthfulness there. It got me thinking though…I don’t need to become an actor…I am an actor…in fact I don’t remember making that decision to be an actor, I just was…

Here are my “10 Steps on How You KNOW You ARE An Actor”

Step 1: You think being called a Drama Queen is a compliment.

Step 2: You listen to your iPod and it becomes the soundtrack to your life, no matter what song comes on.

Step 3: You have imaginary conversations with people in your head out loud.

Step 4: You write off EVERYTHING as Research Expenses.

Step 5: Your memory is absurdly supernatural.

Step 6: You eavesdrop on all conversations around you.

Step 7: You are thankful for gigs/jobs that will make you no money.

Step 8: Your everyday life is always a performance.

Step 9: You are frequently emotional and irrational.

Step 10: You are the best liar you know, as well as the best exaggerator you know.

Agreed and Accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment