"oh what a tangled interweb we weave..."


Monday, May 17, 2010

Introduce Yourself, Rachel Helson


Theatre or theater?

Theatre. I like British things.  My facebook is set to the British version.  I’m a nerd.

Strangest theatre-related job?

I was once in a production of “Alice in Wonderland” where I played Humpty Dumpty, and the director decided that he wanted me to be demonic and speak in a voice like the girl from the Exorcist when she is possessed.  And no, for all those who were wondering, I had no mic, and the theatre was big. Try projecting the Exorcist voice on a two show day. That’s dedication, dude.

What experience made you want to become a writer/producer/actor?

I wear a lot of different hats. I act, produce and write, and I started doing each at different points in my life. I can’t really point to a specific experience that made me want to go into theatre. I read a lot as a kid, and I used to get sad whenever a book ended because I didn’t want to live in the real world all the time. Theatre was the next logical step.

Very first role on stage?

 A bird in “Cinderella” when I was six.

Tragic flaw? 

Too much awesomeness.

If you were a 1980s television show sidekick, who would you be?


Definitely, Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I love the heroes in a half shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment