"oh what a tangled interweb we weave..."


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

NAKED!!!!!!!!!!


Well, hello there! Now that I have your attention, I wanted to piggy back on the thing that Harrison was perceptively discussing below: this sudden awareness of aloneness, or of sadness, that comes and goes. Can someone even perceptively discuss? I don't know. But I think that Harrison did.

I too get a similiar random awareness, but it's different. It's happened for as long as I remember. Every now and then, for a few moments, I suddenly feel like I'm totally naked. I become really embarrassed and ashamed, I get flushed. It usually passes pretty quickly. I decided that it's a sensation passed down by Adam and / or Eve - like they are reaching out to me through time. Or, like I am actually feeling their nakedness, when they first felt it.

I know. Deep. I know. I know. Does this happen to anyone else, ever?
Oh! And to tie it into theater, I will say: having your play read aloud for the first time is like someone walking on you when you're putting your bathing suit on. Am I right, playwrights? AM I RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment