"oh what a tangled interweb we weave..."


Thursday, January 21, 2010

2908

That’s how many anagrams can be formed from my name.

No, seriously.

I just wasted over AN HOUR trying to figure out the meaning of life, the world, existence, answers to the unknown – who I am, what I am, why I am…so I could find something inspirational to pass along to those of you reading.

That’s not really true.

Don’t ask me why, but I wrote “atplayproductions” down on a piece of paper, and thinking I was clever, tried to figure out a cool anagram using all the letters. I quickly realized that’s IMPOSSIBLE! So, when you have a problem, what do you do? Google - I googled anagram generators. Picked the first one. Entered “atplayproductions” and nothing happened. Apparently, it’s too long. Great.

Somewhere along the way, after maybe the third link I tried, I lost interest in “atplayproductions” – apparently I am more self-absorbed than I think (my good intentions were there though, that’s got to mean something). So, I input my name “zoeanastassiou” and low and behold I got a whole friggin’ list!! Thanks to Brendan’s On-Line Anagram Generator (http://www.mbhs.edu/~bconnell/cgi-bin/anagram.cgi).

I started to scroll down the list, jokingly, and realized that all kinds of words kept popping up, repeating over and over that struck something in me to start writing them down – perhaps, I thought, there was indeed something to why you have the name you have, and maybe if we look closely, it could mean something…

And, so went a whole hour.

Yup.

At first, I was actually kind of intrigued and excited (mock all you want). There were words within the anagrams that actually meant something to me being half Greek half Australian:
OZ
ZEUS
ZETA
SIESTA
OUZO
SEA

But then, I got worried because the following also kept repeating:
NAZI
SIN
SATAN
NAUSEA

And, of course, (shaking my head), both ASS and ANUS.

In the end, I have nothing to report to you – no wise words about our names dictating something relevant to pass on – I truly did look for it though (I’m a geek, I know). I ended up getting obsessed looking for a whole phrase that my name could anagram into that meant something. I actually went through ALL 2908 of them. And, do you know what the best I came up with was? What wise words I spent over an hour searching for to share in this blog to you all?

SATAN SEA IS OUZO

Well, any Greek knows that.

How this relates to me, I don’t know.

Truthfully, I was secretly hoping for the word ACTOR or ARTIST or AT PLAY PRODUCTIONS (hmmmmm) or even just a word that related to art.

The truth is, we don’t need a sign, or an explanation, or a reason. We can read into anything and everything looking though. All 2908.

No comments:

Post a Comment